Blairland Baptist Church began as a mission of New Macedonia Baptist Church (Sweetwater Baptist Association). Sometime prior to 1927 a group of Christians met in homes to worship. In the spring of 1927 property was bought at auction from the Blair family. Following a three week revival, with fifty-one professions of faith, the people of the mission met on June 4, 1928 for the purpose of organizing a Missionary Baptist Church. These twenty-four charter members adopted the name of Second Baptist Church for the newly organized church. The first recorded meeting in the new building was on December 14, 1929. Sometime between May 28, 1929 and December 14, 1929 the name of the church was changed to Blairland.
We cherish our past but we are also focused on accomplishing God’s purposes for our generation. In other words, we are excited about the future of Blairland.
We believe that the primary indicator for church health and growth is in terms of fidelity to the Scriptures. The key focus for a 21st Century church must be church health. We are committed to reach our generation with relevant methods without compromising our integrity or the message of the gospel of Jesus Christ.