1. Darkness is something that can last a long time for a Christian
2. There is no better place to learn about God
3. Dark times are the best places for prayers of lament
The pattern of lament:
- Turn – Turning to God is reaching out to Him while in pain.
- Complain – A kind of complaining that is biblical. It is a way to keep praying through our pain.
- Ask – It involves confidently calling on God. It is confidence in prayer based on what God has promised to do. It is based on who God is. A lament anchors our soul to who God is and what He has done.
- Trust – Lament in the Bible is a prayer in pain that leads us to trust.
4. God was there in the darkness